19 weeks.... & 4 more days!

1.28.2011

From BabyCenter--
Your baby's sensory development is exploding!  His/her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.  Some research suggests that s/he may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.  Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato.  The hair on his/her scalp is sprouting.
You'll start growing even faster in the weeks to come.  As a result, you may notice some achiness in your lower abdomen or even an occasional brief, stabbing pain on one or both sides — especially when you shift position or at the end of an active day.
I definitely feel bigger.  My stomach is uncomfortable and starting to get in my way already!  But I do love sportin' the baby belly and showing it off.  ;-)  And guess what?  Only FOUR more days until our anatomy scan!  Hopefully baby cooperates so we can find out the gender.  I can't believe we'll find out so soon!

This weekend we're working on setting up the furniture in the nursery (crib, changing table, and rocking chair).  Although first I need to CLEAN out all the junk!  It has been used as a 'random storage area' up until now.  I can't wait to see everything put together.. and then be able to register for things and start decorating once we find out if the little one is a boy or girl!  I'm going to stick with my guess... girl.  Of course my husband thinks boy.  Either way, we will be just ecstatic!

 We might get a new dresser, or we might be adventurous and re-finish this old one.  We'll see how daring we get.  ;-)
 As you can see we have a lot of work ahead of us!  But I'm excited to get started on it.

AND I received my baby journals in the mail today.  Today is a GOOD day!  I've been soo anxious for this to arrive.  Thank you, Amazon, for shipping so quickly!  I bought the Anne Geddes New Life Gift Set.  I love them so much.  The pictures are beautiful, they have enough space to write important things, and the books are hard cover and very good quality.  I think this will make a beautiful gift to our baby later on in life.  I can't wait to write in it later tonight!  I would definitely recommend this gift set to anybody.




 Also, we're in the process of redecorating our bedroom - nothing major, but definitely a change!  So watch out for some pretty cool ideas I've got in my noggin!  I just ordered our new bedding set from Macy's last night.  It's beautiful... and I hope it arrives just as fast as these baby journals have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!