16 Weeks

1.08.2011

I am 16 weeks today, and very anxious for this weekend to be over with (very rarely do I say that!).  I have a doctor appointment on Monday and it's all I've been thinking about this past week.  I really hope they listen for the heartbeat because I would really love to hear that beautiful sound again!

According to my week-by-week pregnancy book and BabyCenter...
In the next few weeks, your baby will double their weight and add inches to their length.  Right now, your baby is about the size of an avocado:  4 1/2 inches long and 3 1/2 ounces.  It's possible to tell if your baby is a boy or girl at this point, but will be even more recognizable within the next couple of weeks.  The top of your uterus is an inch or two below your naval, and will continue to move up as your pregnancy progresses.  Soon you'll experience one of the most wonderful moments of pregnancy, feeling your baby move.  While some women notice "quickening" as early as 16 weeks, many don't feel their baby move until about 18 weeks or more. The earliest movements may feel like little flutters or gas bubbles. Over the following weeks they'll grow stronger and you'll be able to feel them much more frequently.
So many wonderful things going on and to be excited for!  I absolutely can.not.wait for the day that I feel my baby moving inside me.  I keep trying to imagine what it's going to feel like, and I just have no idea!  I'm so afraid that I'm going to miss it, because I know the feeling is kind of faint at the beginning.  But I'll tell you one thing, it's so incredible to be able to feel my stomach and actually feel it as it gets firmer and being able to feel my uterus.. and now it's officially uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach!

It's an indescribable experience and I'm so blessed to be a woman and have this life growing inside me.  It never ceases to amaze me.  Soon I will be taking votes on whether people think it's a boy or a girl.. he he he.

I figure I should start taking belly shots every week now.. as I'm sure things will start to change rapidly!
16 week belly picture!  


Excuse my awesome sweat pants... ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!