18 weeks.

1.22.2011

From BabyCenter--
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces. He/she is busy flexing their little arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. The blood vessels are visible through their thin skin, and ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from the head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around the nerves, a process that will continue for a year after birth. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.
 Still feeling the flutters... sometimes they feel like a finger poking me from the inside.  Or fish swimming around in my stomach (lol).  Not every day, but at least every other day I'm feeling our baby!  Sometimes one side of my stomach will get really hard, almost like the baby is curled up in a ball just on that one side.  It's super weird.  And I feel like I could constantly be eating.  All I could think about yesterday at work was coming home for dinner (french dip sandwiches, anyone?  mmm!).

ONE WEEK AND FOUR DAYS until our anatomy scan.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!