Stitch Fix #1

11.11.2013

So I got my first Stitch Fix box last week!  I was so super excited to get it.  It's been a while since I've been shopping for myself.. with work, kid, and husband.. it's kind of tough to get out for myself now.  But this made it easy, and it came right to my doorstep.. really can't get much better.

When you sign up for Stitch Fix, they will have you fill out a style profile... a detailed survey asking you questions about your personal style and about what you like and don't like in your wardrobe.  You can even send your stylist a link to your "style" pinterest board so they can get a little better idea of what you want to see in your fix.  Then they'll put together 5 items for you, and send it off!  Sometimes they'll include something that's a little "out there" for you.  But that's the fun part - because you might just like it!

So here's what I got in my very first fix...

1 :: Jasmen Striped & Layered Hi-Lo Shirt by Ellison


It was comfortable, but I'm not a fan of hi-lo things... shirts or skirts.  I know I didn't get a shot from the side, but to me they just look funny.  Not my style - I will be making a note in my next fix for no hi-lo items.  I returned this item.

2 & 3 :: Johnny Skinny Jeans by Kensie Jeans and the Darby Printed Short Sleeve Henley Blouse by Fun2Fun


The jeans were really cute and comfy, however, they were a little pricey for me... there's one particular place I get all my jeans from.  So I didn't really need them.  I returned the jeans, and will make a note for no more jeans in my fixes.

I absolutely adored the blouse.  I love, love, loved it.  It's fun, it's different.. I liked the print.  It's a looser cute shirt, so I think I could have used a smaller size.  I will have to change my sizes in my style profile for my next fix.  I was sad that I ended up returning this item!!

4 :: Kirsten Printed Stud Detailed Blouse by Caramela


I feel that this blouse was a little bit edgy and out of my "norm".. however, I loved it!  But again, the same problem as with the previous blouse.. I would have been more comfortable in a smaller size.  So I had to return it.

5 :: Cavalry Open Lapel Sweater Tunic by Miilla


I fell in love with this tunic!  First, I love tunics.  This one was so soft and the color was a deep purple that I loved.  The open lapel was a fun detail.  And yes, I ended up keeping this one!  I wore this just the other day actually.. I was so excited to put it on.  :)

All in all, I had a really good first experience with Stitch Fix!  I will definitely be ordering another box.  I feel like after ordering my first one, I now know what to put in my notes for the future... like a smaller size, no jeans (I also requested no jewelery or accessories), and no hi-lo's.  It's so much fun to open the box and see what your stylist picked out for you.  They also send you style suggestion tags with each article of clothing, to help you style an outfit with the item!

Want to schedule a fix for yourself?  Click here!

5 comments:

  1. Eek! I'm nervous to get mine! First off I'm not quite as tiny as you! Also, I know all I am looking at is just the picture, but almost every singe one of those outfits looked super cute one on you! And not too big. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! :D I really lied everything (except the hi-lo shirt)... And I know, now that I'm looking at the photos, they don't look too big, but I definitely would have been more comfortable in a size smaller! But I'm so happy the tunic worked out for me. I'm already excited for my next fix. I hope you love yours - you need to blog about it so I can see what you get!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Do you mind sharing your measurements and what sizes you listed in your profile? I'm having the same issue where I suspect I listed a too-large top size, but I don't want to risk changing it and having things end up too small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually a small/medium top depending on the brand. I listed a medium in my profile, but I am going to change it to a small.

      Delete
  3. I got the same sweater tunic in October, and it is my favorite!!! I've gotten two fixes so far, and I kept three from my first, and set everything back from my second =( my third fix should come next week!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!