21 Things You May Not Know About Me

10.10.2013


 But now you do.


1.  I'm a book worm.  I love fiction and nonfiction.  All books by Francine Rivers and Karen Kingsbury.  I don't have a kindle or nook because I like having the actual book... and some day I will have a "library" in my house... ceiling tall book shelves filled.. and comfy chairs..

2.  I binge watch TV shows.  I watched all 9 seasons of Grey's Anatomy in about 2 months.  And all seasons of Gossip girl in less than that.  I can't help it... and my husband hates it.

3.  I'm a big home-body.  There's no place like home!

4.  I've seen the Goo Goo Dolls in concert 4 times, 3 of those times I was front and center.  And all of those times I was with my Dad.  It was kind of 'our thing'.. and if they ever decide to come to Little Rock or Memphis.. you can bet I'll be there!

5.  I was a stay-at-home mom for a little over 2 years (from when my daughter was born in 2011 until about a month ago).. I just returned to the workforce!

6.  We lived in Korea for 2 years, it's where my daughter was born

7.  I've been to 2 countries (other than the U.S.), and 21 different states.  I hope that list continues to grow.. I love to travel and I've been blessed with a kid who's a good little traveler too.

8.  I can play the flute.

9.  I have a borderline unhealthy love for ice cream.  Blue Bell is my favorite brand, but Breyer's Natural Vanilla is my favorite vanilla ice cream.  I'm kind of a snob about it.

10.  The only makeup that I wear on a consistent daily basis is mascara and lip stain.

11.  I broke my wrist when I was in 6th grade while at a skating rink with a friend.  I think that hurt worse than childbirth.

12.   I really really really really love lefse.  I always have to have it during the holidays.

13.  I went to school for Dental Assisting.  I loved it, but I'm not so sure it's a 'passion' of mine anymore.

14.  I'm from the Midwest.  I miss it.  Also, Iowa has the best sweet corn (I love sweet corn).  My husband is in the Air Force and we currently live in Arkansas.

15.  I'm part Swiss.. and there's a mountain in Switzerland in the Bernese Alps that has my maiden name in it's name.  Also, I think ancestry is fascinating.

16.  My husband proposed to me on the beach in front of our friends and his sisters.  It was so sweet and romantic... and I never saw it coming!  He's sneaky.

17.  I got married when I was 20 years old, in Virginia, in the living room of the Justice of the Peace (he had a really huge and awesome victorian style house.. it was gorgeous).

18.  We had a vow renewal ceremony a year and a half later in Iowa.

19.  I have 5 tattoos.  One of them is an old lock with my wedding date underneath it in roman numerals (my husband has the key tattoo;)

20.  I love Italian food.  And pasta.  And all things carb-related.

21.  I really enjoy playing tennis and if we would have had tennis as a sport at my high school, I for sure would have joined.

1 comment:

  1. We have so much in common! I'm also from Iowa :) What part of Iowa are you from? I'm from State Center and my husband is from Randall, both very small towns that you've probably never heard of! I also LOVE lefse... and pretty much all Norwegian food ;) Oh, and my daughter's name is Haley! Looking forward to following your blog! You can find me at www.jessicalynnwright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!