Taking Care of Delicate Skin with Weleda

4.22.2015

“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Weleda. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions and reviews are my own.”


At the very end of my pregnancy I started gathering all the last minute necessities that I was missing... you know.. paci's (which he actually doesn't care for.. unfortunately), newborn hair brush, wash cloths, another pack of diapers & wipes, breastfeeding essentials, baby wash, lotion, and diaper cream.  Remembering from when Clara was little.. she had a bit of eczema and some seriously sensitive skin.. so even though I love all the frou-frou smell-good baby lotion, I wanted to find something that would be beneficial to newborn skin in case he was like his big sis.

I heard about Weleda and took some time to look into it a little more.  Their products are natural and fragrance-free and were awarded the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance.  Perfect for that sensitive skin I was so sure he was going to have.

And wouldn't you know it, I was right.  ;)  His skin was very flaky on his hands and feet, as well as on his face and around his eyebrows.  He also had a little bit of baby acne on his chest, and the lotion didn't irritate that at all.  The diaper cream is great also.  It is made with pharmaceutical-grade since oxide and extracts of white mallow which is specifically known for being soothing/healing.  

I've been using these products on Sam since he was about 1.5 weeks old or so.  He's now 5 weeks old and his skin is looking great.  After bath time.. because that tends to dry the skin out.. I lather him up in some lotion, and he's ready to go.  I truly love these products and am happy they have worked so well for my little guy!  These products don't leave him feeling greasy at all, and they rub into the skin nicely.

You can find their products on their website, BuyBuyBaby, or at Whole Foods Market and other natural health food stores.  And good news!  Through June 30th, 2015 you can score 20% off your purchase on their website using the code WELEDABABY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!