Safe Sleeping Tips {& the HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper}

4.27.2015

Disclosure:  I was provided with product for review, however all opinions are my own.  I seriously love this thing.

One of the baby items I was more excited to use with Sam, was this HALO® Bassinest™ Swivel Sleeper Essentia Series.  I was kind of panicking towards the end of my pregnancy because a bassinet was one of the last things we needed to get - and since we planned on having him sleep in our room for the first few months, it was pretty essential.  But everything I looked at just didn't seem good enough.  We have a high bed and our room is kind of small, so we didn't have much space to work with.  It was proving to be a challenge.

But then I heard about this new Bassinest.  I hadn't seen anything like it before, and after looking into it further it seemed to be the answer for us!


It's very sturdy.  My husband put this together and it didn't take him long at all, however once you have it where you need it.. hopefully you won't need to move it.  It's heavy!  It has a sleek design and isn't bulky.. it fits nicely in the small space on my side of the bed.  The height is adjustable and it has a 360 degree swivel, so you can put it up next to you on the bed if you wish.  The mesh sides are safe and nice so you can be face-to-face with your baby while you're sleeping.  There's one storage pocket on the end - perfect for storing a few diapers and wipes for those midnight changes.  And one of my favorite things about this - the retractable side wall.  The side wall easily pushes down so you can get your baby out with ease while you're still in bed.  It's recommended for babies up to 5 months or 20 lbs (maximum of 30 lbs), so I know Sam will be getting some use out of it for a while!


I've also been loving their SleepSacks.  Sam won't sleep unless he is swaddled, and the SleepSack helps me get a nice and snug wrap on him.. which helps him to sleep longer.  Longer sleep for him equals longer sleep for Mama.. longer sleep for Mama equals happiness all around!


As a friendly reminder, here are some tips for a safe sleeping environment...

ALWAYS
  • Always use a crib or bassinet that meets the current safety standards - with a firm mattress and is covered with a tight-fitting sheet.  
  • Remove all toys, loose blankets, bumpers, pillows, etc, from the sleep area.  Use a wearable blanket if needed.  
  • Always place a baby to bed on his or her back.
  • Offer a pacifier when putting baby to bed.
NEVER
  • Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep.
  • Never allow baby around any smoking or smoky area.
  • Never put baby to sleep on any soft surface such as a sofa, plush blanket/surface, etc.

You can find and follow HALO via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, and YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!