Saying Goodbye to a Beautiful Year

1.01.2012

I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Years.

We ordered in some dinner and bummed it on the couch.  It was fabulous.

2011 was a wonderful year... one of the best.  We have been so blessed in so many ways.

We explored Korea.  A lot.  My Aunt and Uncle were able to come visit us for a few days.  My husband sewed on a stripe.  We finished our baby girls nursery.  We did lots of reading (about babies, that is..)..


And I mean lots.  And while it was good for us, I still don't think there's anything that can truly 'prepare' you for such a life-changing experience (a wonderful life-changing experience).

We celebrated 2 fabulous years of marriage.  I love you, babes!


We took one last 'mini-getaway' to Seoul right before our baby girl arrived.


I was HUGE (and I loved it.. besides all the swelling, back aches, hip aches, etc).  I seriously miss that belly some days.  ;)

But the most exciting thing of the year.. our precious Clara was born (about 2 weeks early, thank you Jesus... this Mama was hurtin').  She was born healthy, beautiful, perfect.. and we couldn't have had a better experience with the hospital staff.


And then we took her home.  All 5 pounds of her.  And I cried the whole way home (an hour).. because seriously.. look how tiny and fragile she was...


We spent a lot of our summer going for long walks (she loved her stroller), and snuggling up with our sweet one.  Seriously.  Nothing too 'exciting' happened after she was born... just lots of kisses and cuddles.  And we wouldn't have had it any other way.  Oh yeah, we did get orders.. to Arkansas.  Not our first choice, but if that's where God wants us then that's where we'll be.  We're pretty stoked about it now.

In September, Clara and I flew back to the states to visit my family so they could see her for the first time.  It was really hard being away from my husband, especially with Clara.  I may or may not have cried the first few hours of the (14 hour) flight.  But it was worth it.  We really wanted everyone to see her.




Then the rest of the year.. we just kind of hung out.. (my husband spent most of it counting down the days.. ya, he's really excited to get back to the USA).  ;)

I have a few 'resolutions'.. 2012 is going to be an exciting year.  :)

And one more... just 'cause she cute!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, your baby girl is beautiful. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so precious! What a happy baby! That's a reflection of amazing parenting! It's crazy how tiny they are when you bring them home!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!