We dug in before I could snap a photo ;)
Baked Oatmeal with Fruit
recipe from Annie's Eats
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds (whichever you prefer), divided
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen), divided
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Grease a 1 1/2 or 2-quart baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, toss together the oats, half of the nuts, the baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir with a fork to combine.
4. In a liquid measuring cup, combine maple syrup, egg, butter, milk, and vanilla.
5. Sprinkle half of the berries in the baking dish. Then sprinkle the dry oat mixture over the fruit in an even layer. Pour the liquid ingredients evenly over the oats. Sprinkle remaining nuts and berries over the top.
6. Bake 35-40 minutes, until top is browned and the oats have set. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.