Dongdaemun.. A Crafty Person's 'Heaven'

12.11.2011

This weekend my wonderful husband so kindly agreed to make the trek to Dongdaemun with me.  He's not really into riding the subway on the weekends.. it can get SO crowded (actually, he's really not a fan of the subway at all).  It was wonderful.. I picked up so my goodies.. I can't wait to go back.. again (I plan on making this trip many, many times before we leave Korea in the spring).

We got to the Nambu bus station in Seoul and realized we forgot the baby carrier (uhhhh, NOT a good thing to forget!).  After that trip, I don't think I'll ever forget it again.  But I refrained from having a 'freak out session' and we made it work.  Clara was still happy as can be.. hammin' it up for the Korean ladies.

This place is yarn heaven.  They have anything you could ever want in yarn.  There are dozens upon dozens of little 'booths' of yarn like the one pictured below.  A sweet lady that I bought yarn from even gave me a free pair of knitting needles (I don't knit, I only crochet.. but my goal for the 'New Year' is to teach myself how to knit as well).  :)




I bought some beautiful buttons.. not sure what I'm going to do with them yet.  I think I'll save them for a rainy day, when I get the urge to create something beautiful.  :)  I also picked up a couple necklaces.  I adore them.. and I'll bet you will never guess how much they cost!  ;)


We stopped for a 'break' to take care of the munchkin.. and then made our way back to the bus station to head back to Songtan.. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved getting to go to Dongdaemun! My mom and I went and did tons of shopping for clothes and I just loved how the stores would be all color-coordinated. The OCD in me was super happy about that. A store with all pink clothes? YAY! A store with all grey clothes? YAAAY!
    Another fun place to check out is the Electronic Mall if you ever get the chance. I loved getting to see all the crazy little cell phones and laptops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following your blog! It must be so neat to be experiencing all of this...I keep trying to tell my husband I want to go to Japan for our next PCS, but I know it must be hard with baby! For now, I'll just have to live through you and your pictures! And I love the necklaces you got! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!