Sugar Attack...

5.17.2011


My weekend consisted of some pretty awesome things.  Shopping trip to Namdaemun Market, baby shower, baking, naps, and the company of great friends.  Kind of sounds like the perfect weekend, right?  Now if only the pool would open so I could go lounge around and get some sun on my legs before baby girl gets here!


To the left is walking through part of Namdaemun Market (it's huge) and to the right is just a portion of all the beautiful wrapping papers and tissue papers.  Seriously - there was so much and they are amazing.  You can't find wrapping paper this pretty in the states anywhere.  I'm definitely going to stock up on their wrapping paper, tissue paper, and greeting cards before we PCS out of here next year (oh, and fabric too) !!

Just 3 more weeks until I head up to Seoul and wait for baby girl to be born.  I can't believe it's coming up so fast -- so many things I want to do, yet I just want to relax and enjoy this last bit of time that we have of it being 'just us'.  It's hard to do both, ha ha!

And what would be a weekend without baking?  My husband wanted me to make these this weekend.. Can you guess what these beautiful little brownies have inside them?  Can ya, can ya, can ya?


Golden Oreos!!


I just love goodies that have little surprises in them.  So much fun.  Although I could only eat a few because I would have gone into a sugar-induced coma if I had any more.. they were delicious!  Especially good while warm with a little vanilla ice cream.  :)  It's a miracle I haven't gained more than I already have during this pregnancy... so I'm trying to quit while I'm ahead, ha ha!

Oreo Stuffed Brownies
  • 1 box brownie mix (or make your own, if that strikes your fancy)
  • 1 package oreos 
Preheat oven to 350 F & generously coat cupcake/muffin tins with nonstick spray.  Prepare brownie mix according to package.  Dip oreos in brownie batter then place in bottom of cupcake/muffin tins.  Bake 12-15 minutes, or until brownie is cooked through.  As soon as you remove them from the oven, run a knife around the edges so they are easier to get out once they cool a little.  Let cool 5 minutes, then remove from tins and enjoy.  :)  It should make the whole package of oreos. 

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing weekend! Those brownies look SO good, I am going to have to try these! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!