Do you know why Koreans don't really have dessert?

2.19.2011

Ok-- they have dessert, just not good dessert, imo.  Their sweets aren't very sweet.  Even their sodas taste different.  It's quite odd.  Although they do love their ice cream, I will give them that (I will share more about this amazing ice cream joint we went to later).  But honestly, they don't need all the sweets because their fruit is so dang good!

My husband and I have been obsessed with the mandarin oranges and the strawberries lately.  Just a little.


That's pretty much what our fridge looks like at all times.  My husband had about 6 of them in one sitting tonight.  Is too much of a good thing bad?


We come home with a box of oranges almost every time we go to the grocery store.  Sorry, no pictures of the strawberries... we ran out before I got the chance to snap a shot (imagine that).  But I'm sure you all know what a strawberry looks like.  Now just imagine them twice the normal size... and much sweeter.  To me, their fruit just has more of a sweetness to them.

I can't wait until summer rolls around.  Mulberries, Korean grapes, and Korean melon.  I don't know what it is, but Korean fruit just tastes so fresh and sweet... and it's a decent price too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!