Weekend at the Zoo & Learning Korean..

8.03.2010

So I've took it upon myself to start learning Korean.  I'm going to try to teach myself, and I think with the right materials it will be pretty easy to do.  When Coleman and I went to Home Plus a few days ago (another place that's kind of like a Wal-Mart), we bought some giant magnetic Korean letters and this weekend we're going with some friends into Seoul to get some workbooks and things.  I think I have the alphabet down.. so that's a start!  Knowing some Korean will definitely make life a little easier around here.  At Home Plus we also got this adorable water pitcher -- I'm going to try to make some orangeade tonight, so I'm excited to use the pitcher haha.  When Coleman and I went out to eat last weekend at Pasta Vino, he ordered some orangeade and it was absolutely amazing.  So I'm going to try to recreate it.. yum.

 This last weekend we also went to the zoo in Seoul.  It was only about an hour train ride and the zoo was absolutely huge.  I'm pretty sure my feet and ankles were swollen at the end of the day from all that walking.  I think it's time for me to invest in some new walking shoes... pumas, maybe?  My birthday is coming up.. sooo.  :)  The trip to the zoo was quite the adventure.  And it's kind of hard to ride the subway when you don't read Korean.. there was an old man on the train who was trying to help us, but of course he didn't speak English.  But he was really sweet anyways.  It was so hot out that day (let me tell you, Korean heat is the worst heat EVER) so I was fanning myself with my hand.  Well the old man was carrying this huge fan and so he started fanning me with it... hahahaha.  Now I know why they carry those things.. I need to get one.. heat & humidity is horrible here. 

I still haven't had any Korean food yet.  I don't know how that's possible, but I haven't.  I've had Japanese, American, Italian... but no Korean!  What the heck!  Maybe we'll have some this weekend when we go into Seoul.

The next couple months are going to be busy.  My birthday is this month, but I'm not sure what we're going to do for it.  I'm sure we'll think of something.. there's tons to do around here, and so much to explore.  I definitely want to go to Itaewon to go shopping, and take a tour of the DMZ too.  Maybe that's what we'll do.. :)  Or maybe I'll get new pumas.. or a kindle.. orrrrr.. who knows.  But I do know that I want to make a birthday cake... I'm thinking this one, yes?  I don't think Coleman will object.  And then September 1st we leave to go back to the states for a month.  I'll get to finish up some things for the wedding, and we will renew our vows on September 25th!  I CAN'T WAIT!!  There are so many awesome wedding websites that have been giving me such awesome ideas (TheKnot, WeddingWire, StyleMePretty, ProjectWedding are some of my favorites).

Ok, well I'm going to go create a recipe for some orangeade.  And maybe watch a little CSI, since that's the only TV show they show here that's in English.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!