Good Bday.. Relaxing Weekend..!

8.22.2010

My husband always knows how to make my birthdays special!  And this weekend was twice as special because we found out Thursday night that he made Staff Sergeant!!  So congrats to my hubby, I'm so proud of him.  :)  So for our wonderful reasons to celebrate, I made a cake.. which turned out to be freaking amazing.


I used this yellow cake recipe and then a chocolate cream cheese buttercream frosting.  I think it's safe to say that it's the best yellow cake I've ever had.  I even had a piece for breakfast.  I love being an adult for that very reason, ha ha!

So for my birthday my hubby took me shopping in Itaewon all day on Saturday and I bought some really cute tops and a necklace.  He surprised me with a couple of other things and a really sweet card... and he also told me that I can pick out a keyboard so I have something to practice on after my piano lessons!  Getting to Itaewon in itself was an adventure.. but I won't tell that story, for my husband's sake (your welcome, babe.. hahaaha).  Besides the Koreans breathing down your neck to buy something, and every 5 minutes some man is asking you if you want a custom tailored suit, it was a good time!  We even bought some super awesome sunglasses..

 
Ok, I'm so totally kidding... but those sunglasses are hilarious!  I was hoping to actually see someone walking down the sidewalk with them on, but no such luck.  Instead of riding the subway back to Osan... because I had definitely had enough of the subway for one day... we hopped on the bus at Yongsan Army Post.  When we got back to Songtan we decided to take a chance and finally go out for some Korean food (for the first time since we've been here!).  I think the restaurant was called Nobloo?  Maybe.. I'm not really sure.  It was actually really good!  Don't ask me what we ate, because I have no idea.  Coleman called it 'beef on a leaf'... which pretty much sums it up.  It was like a lettuce wrap... beef, kimchi, onion, some sauce... yum yum.. 



Sunday we had a super relaxing day... it was gorgeous outside so we went to the pool, and then we hung out and watched movies all day and ordered in some pizza.  Now that is my kind of weekend!  Had to get all my relaxing in because I have a feeling this week is going to be crazy.  Time to start looking for some flights back to the states so I can be there for when TMO comes to pack up our stuff... FINALLY............

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!