Orangeade

8.03.2010

So this past weekend Coleman and I went out to eat at an Italian place called Pasta Vino.. and it was SO good.  I ordered the linguine alfredo with a lemonade and Coleman ordered the chicken linguine alfredo with an orangeade.  I've never had orangeade before, but it was delicious.  It was just like lemonade, except with oranges.. obviously.  They made it right in front of us (yes, they squeezed the oranges and everything!) so I kind of got the idea of how to make it so I could try it at home.  It's delicious and refreshing and perfectly orangey.


 You will need:
  • 6 Oranges
  • 3 Lemons (or limes, either will work)
  • 1/2 cup Sugar Syrup
  • Sprite/Soda Water/7up
For this I made a simple syrup, or sugar syrup, kind of  like I made for the fresh-squeezed lemonade.  So you can go take a look at that if you don't know how to make it.


 Then squeeze the juice from 6 oranges (should be about 1 3/4 cup) and squeeze the juice from 3 lemons (should be about 1/2 cup).  Mix together in a pitcher with 1/2 cup of the sugar syrup and top it off with sprite... or soda water, whichever you choose.  You can add some water if it's too tart.  You can always alter to ingredients to your taste!  Add some ice, and you're set to serve!

 It makes about 1 liter of orangeade.  And I put it in my new, cute little Korean pitcher... awww..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!