For the topping:
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds, lightly crushed
- 2/3 cups fast-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- A big pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 4 tablespoon butter, softened
- A couple drops of vanilla extract (you don't have to use it, but I put some in mine)
- 1 bag frozen raspberries (12 oz), thawed
- 1 bag frozen blueberries (12 oz), thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the topping, combine almonds, oats, sugar, and spices in a bowl. Add the butter and, with a fork, rub the butter into the mixture until coarse crumbs are formed. Then set it aside... now to make the filling!
For the filling, put the berries into a strainer set over a large bowl so it catches the juices. Add sugar and cornstarch to the juices and mix until it's dissolved together. Gently fold the berries back into their juices, then divide the mixture among the greased ramekins. Top each ramekin with the crumb mixture. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet lined with foil, and bake 20-25 minutes - until bubbling hot and the topping is a golden. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes or so when it's done - the ramekins will be hot (obviously) !! Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and it's even better... mmmm!