Moon Sand {diy}

8.02.2013

Keeping my 2 year old busy during the day is getting to be quite tricky.  She's easily bored, and goes stir-crazy if we're in the house for too long.  We go to the park a lot, go to the pool, etc.. but it's nice to switch it up and find something different and fun to do.  She absolutely loves this moon sand.. it's a fun rainy day activity, too (we might be doing this today... looks a little gloomy out)!

Minnie likes to play too.. as you can see below.. Clara likes to take her and go 'HIIII-YA!' like a ninja.  I'm not sure, but I think her Papa taught her that when he was visiting.. makes her giggle every time.


There are quite a few moon sand recipes out there, but I just found this one worked the best for us.  It was the cheapest and I had everything on hand to make it.  It's soft and smooth, and molds well.  Next time I want to get some little dixie cups so she can build a little 'castle'.  :)  It's super easy to make.. so get to it!  Your toddler will love it.

4 cups flour
1/2 cup baby oil

Put in a big bowl and mix up with your hands until thoroughly blended together.  Put it in a container of your choice.. grab some cups, spoons, toys, pretend your at the beach.. and play!  I halved this recipe for Clara, and then stored it in an air-tight container and it kept good for a few days.



 

 What are your favorite rainy day activities?  

(PS:  If you haven't yet, enter my Peter Rabbit Organics giveaway!  Ends 8/9/13.)

2 comments:

  1. Minnie does look like she's making a karate chop sort of hand motion LOL too funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I'm co-hosting the Bloglovin' hop and am now following you! It's great to connect with you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!