Does anyone else have a husband who gets incredibly excited to test out new baby gadgets? When our Levana Stella (2 Camera) Monitor came in the mail, he couldn't wait to get the box open and figure this thing out! When we had Clara, we just had a plain jane monitor.. no camera, nothing too fancy. It worked for us at the time. But now that baby #2 is due in just 5 short weeks (less if he's nice to me like Clara was;), I really wanted something that was going to help me keep an eye on both of the kiddos. We've been using it with Clara for the past couple of weeks, and I can honestly say that I would highly recommend this monitor.. it's 100% worth the money!
Just a few things that I love about the Stella Monitor?
- The screen size is perfect.. at 4.3 inches, it's big enough to clearly see but it's not obnoxious.
- You can talk to your baby through the monitor.. and it plays lullabies!
- Once it's charged, it lasts up to 36 hours in PEEP mode. And PEEP mode is also awesome because it puts your monitor to sleep when it's quiet (no bright screen bothering your sleep!) but as soon as your kiddo makes a "peep" the camera will activate so you can immediately see what's going on. Oh, and it's portable!
- You can use this with up to FOUR cameras. It's great to know that is can expand along with your family.
- You can zoom & pan the camera!
- I also love the sleek design of these cameras and monitor.
If you follow me on Instagram, you'll remember me posting about it when I received it in the mail. And I'm excited to be able to use it with both of my kiddos, but it's great if you have older kids as well. You can stick it in their playroom and check on them without disturbing their play time - I just know that when I would stick my head in to check on my daughter she would get distracted from what she's doing.
Disclaimer though.. if you have a toddler, you might want to first tell them that you can talk to them through it. I said something to Clara through it for the first time a few days ago, and I wish I could show you her reaction - I laughed so hard I cried. She was so confused and went up and put her face right in front of the camera.. she figured out it was just me after I started laughing so loudly from the other side of the house. Haha!
All in all.. this is a fabulous product! This monitor is regularly $229.99, but it's currently on sale on their website for just $169.99... I'm telling you Mama's.. it's high-quality, and very worth it. :)
Disclosure- I was given this product for review purposes and was not financially compensated otherwise. All opinions are my own, based on my own use of this product.