33 Week Update {pregnancy}

1.18.2015

The end is in sight... almost.  Just 7 weeks left until my due date.. hopefully 5 weeks left until we meet this little man (which is when Clara made her appearance, at 38 weeks) for the sake of my always-in-pain body.  That and I'm just completely anxious to see his sweet face..

What will he look like?  Will I get a kid that has dark hair like me?  Or will he look more like Clara?  I still find it kind of hard to believe I'm having a boy.. it hasn't quite 'hit me' yet.

And although my body feels ready, I'm totally unprepared.  This second time around I've been a slacker.  We were totally ready for Clara by this time.. but no where near it with little guy.  The nursery is still very much 'under construction'.. I need to find a good bassinet that fits on my side of the bed.. I need to find a good car seat (recommendations, anyone?).. I must admit, I've been procrastinating.. and now I'm a bit overwhelmed.  But it'll get there.  But the biggest thing is - he has no name!  We only have a couple names on a list that are kind of just... eh... to us right now.  But maybe once we meet him, one of them will pop out to us.  We've hardly thought about it, because it's been very frustrating for me.  Picking a good name is a big deal, I think. 


I've gained 25 pounds so far, and although that's not much.. I'm feeling pretty frumpy these days with this big ol' belly.  Some of my maternity clothes don't even fit right anymore and I'm to the point where I just plan on wearing what I've got until this guy decides to come out.  No more maternity clothes for this gal - I want to save my money for a new wardrobe after baby.  So if you see me wearing the same shirt a couple times a week.. that's why.. and I'm ok with that.

Clara is starting to become a little impatient, I think (me too, kid).. she keeps wondering when baby brother will be here.  And although I keep saying.. just another month or so.. she doesn't quite get it.  But soon enough it'll be like Crazy Town USA around here, and I'm really praying she will adjust well.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, craziness! I'm in the same boat as you! Due in just 7 weeks, and I had my daughter at 38 weeks.. lol, good luck to both of us, eh?

    Anyhoo, I found your blog through a fellow blogger, and just wanted to stop by and say hi! It would totally make my day if you did the same.. or better yet, keep in touch! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!