Love Healthy Me

2.20.2014

I wrote this blog post as part of a movement by Weight Watchers to encourage people to remember that loving yourself starts with taking care of your health everyday. Though I was compensated for my time and commitment, all views, positive and negative, are my own.

At the beginning of this year, I made some "resolutions".. some goals, which I think is good for anyone to have - which included making more time for myself, and keeping myself healthy.  I think it's so important to take care of yourself, and love yourself.. not only for you, but also so you can love those around you better.  

Since I've been working full time again, I've been making a point to get to bed before 10pm (though it's not like you have to twist my arm, I can't keep my eyes open that late for the life of me)... it's so crucial for me to get a good 7-8 hours of sleep at night.  I can tell the difference in how I feel and how I act when I don't get as much rest as my body needs.  And I also don't get as much 'me time' as I once used too.  I really try to give myself 10-15 minutes to do something just for me, something I want to do, or just relax.. like catch up on a TV show, a book, or even a bath in silence.  Whatever it is like you like to do for yourself (paint you nails, flip through a magazine, just sit with your feet propped up and rest your eyes?), I suggest you try to do it often.. you really will feel better.

Being more active is another thing I wanted to do.. though I don't find that difficult when I have a 2.5 year old daughter and a 3 month old puppy.  Even 20 minutes of outside play gets me tired!  :)

weight watchers, simple start, #lovehealthyme

weight watchers, simple start, #lovehealthyme

And because being 'good' all the time isn't fun... you gotta be a little bad.. treat yourself to something nice!   And for me, that would be some thing sweet... and chocolate.. my weakness.  Really though.. go ahead.  You deserve it.


weight watchers, simple start, #lovehealthyme

I've been doing these things consistently, and can already tell the difference in how I feel about myself, and how I act and feel mentally.  

Also, Weight Watchers has a new app out called Simple Start... it's free, and I suggest you check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!