Thankful

12.04.2013

As I said in my previous post, we were blessed to be able to travel to Illinois and spend the Thanksgiving holiday with my family.  It has been a year since we were last up to visit.. since I've seen my niece, nephew, brother, and my sister-in-law... much too long.  It was so nice to just relax, eat delicious food, and visit...



I loved seeing my husband and my daddy in the kitchen together.  I'm definitely thankful for the two main men in my life.  They were makin' sure the bird was perfect... and it was... very tasty.




And my precious niece and nephew, they've grown entirely too much since I've seen them last.  But it was so fun to see Clara play with her cousins, now that she's at that fun age. 




And of course all the delicious food.. we had all of our "traditional" dishes there.. turkey, homemade cranberry relish, rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, scalloped corn, green bean casserole, and my mama's homemade stuffing.  Ending it all with chocolate pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and chocolate cheesecake!


We ended our get-together with a pretty sweet game of Apple to Apples (if you have never played, you need to).  How did everyone else spend their Thanksgiving?  What kind of food is most loved at your family get togethers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!