Christmas Reads

12.06.2014

Last week I realized my child only owned one Christmas book.  ONE.  Out of all of the tons and tons of books on her shelves.. all she had was the Polar Express.  So I had to hop onto Amazon and order her some more ASAP.  I was so excited to give them to her, and decided to wrap them up to make it a little more fun.  I threw in an extra gift for her too.. something she could wear Christmas morning, if she wanted!


Lately this girl is obsessed with anything that is Frozen, Madagascar, and Rapunzel.  I really couldn't help myself when I saw this super soft Frozen robe at the store the other day.. she thinks it's the coolest thing since sliced bread.  Mama win for me!


The three books I bought for Clara are:
  1. Humphrey's First Christmas by Carol Heyer - I wanted a fun book for her that also included the true meaning of Christmas.  This story is adorable.. about a silly Camel and his journey to Bethlehem.  He realizes the importance of giving when his journey ends.
  2. Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner -  I'm loving the illustration in this book!  This is just a fun book about Snowmen and what they do when no one is around, and why they might not look quite the same the day after you make them!  ;)  This author also has a couple other Snowman books that look equally cute.
  3. Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Karma Wilson - This book is probably Clara's favorite of the three right now.  I love the rhyming in it and it's a sweet story about friendship during the holidays!

I could have just bought up all the Christmas books!  I might even have to order a couple more.. I love books and love reading with Clara, and I just can't help myself.  What's everyone's favorite Christmas books for children?  I could use some more ideas!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!