- 1.) A little potty. We used the green froggy potty that you can get pretty much anywhere, and it's cheap!
- Pull Ups! I love that these adhere at the sides also.
- M&Ms.. these were our incentive candy of choice. Two for #2 and one for #1.
- A princess potty seat. Super affordable, and it helped when Clara was ready to sit on the "big potty".. she was scared of it at first.
- A stool! It helps my munchkin be able to wash her hands independently and get up on the potty by herself at first.
- Big girl panties. She thought she was pretty special when she got her first pair. ;)
Clara was potty trained shortly after she was 2 1/2, though I did try a little bit earlier - she just wasn't ready before that. The biggest piece of advice I can give someone who is thinking about starting to potty train their child is to just wait until they're ready. For some that might not be until they're 3. For some, maybe that's at 2. Every child is different, just try not to get frustrated with it! Clara was terrified of the toilet for the longest time. And then one day she just up and told me she wanted to sit on the potty. Obviously I knew she was ready to start then!
She did really good, and actually only had a couple accidents since we potty trained her. It took not quite a full week and she was wearing big girl panties at all times, and only Pull Ups at night. The Pull Ups were super nice at daycare also, because these ones are able attach/detach at the sides.. which made it much easier on her teachers. :)
The scariest part, to me, about the whole thing.. was taking her out in public in big girl panties. I just really did not want to go through the mess of an accident in the middle of the grocery store or something. But I'm proud to say, she hasn't had an accident in public. Whew!
If you need some extra tips or help with potty training, I suggest enrolling in the Pull Ups Big Kid Academy! If you're absolutely stuck and are about to lose your mind, this website has a lot of resources and strategies you could be taking advantage of. It also has a nice collection of some fun activities for you to browse!
Thanks to Pulls Ups for sponsoring this post and creating a great product!