New 'Do

3.27.2013

I won a free haircut through a drawing.. this is big.  I never win anything.  Ever!  So I started going through my Pinterest board to see what I could come up with.  I've been debating on chopping my hair for a very long time now. 

I needed something cute, fresh... and easy.  Because let's face it.. I have an almost-2-year-old (say what?) and I don't have time to stand in the bathroom blow drying my hair for at least 45 minutes - yes, it took me that long to blow dry my hair.  My hair is thick.  And it retains water, really really well.  And for it to air dry.. yeah, 6 hours.  No thanks.  So pretty much 6 days of the week my hair would be up in a pony or a bun.  And I was tired of it.

I told my husband that I was going to cut my hair and he even asked me, 'How long is your hair anyway?'  Yeah, that's how often I wore my hair down.. he didn't even know how long it was.  Haha.

So anyway, I decided on a pretty cut a la Julianne Hough in the movie 'Safe Haven'.  I was nervous.  And then I would see other beautiful (long) hairstyles on Pinterest.. and think, I don't want to cut my hair.. because I want to try all these pretty ways of styling my hair while it's long.  But who am I kidding.  Ain't nobody got time for that.


But I ended up chopping it, and I love it.  Love, love, love, looooooove.  I'm happy.  A good hair cut always makes a girl feel GOOD.  Am I right or am I right?



How about a little before and after...


Now I feel like I need to go shopping.. a new wardrobe to go with this haircut?  Yes, I think so.  :)

4 comments:

  1. The haircut looks great on you! Who needs all those fancy styles on Pinterest when you can get a short one that's super easy to style and doesn't take a lot of time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! Diggin the new do. It's versatile & looks easy to manage, way to go!!
    ~ Osh
    SunKissed Peony

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it so much! I am *all* for shorter, styled hair.. it is so chic and way less fuss. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! May need to copy it soon, you know I have the same relationship with my hair as you do. It's currently 5:20 and still wet from my 10:00 shower :( (to be fair it was in a bun for at least half of that time haha)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!