Cherry Turnovers

6.25.2010

I had some leftover cherry pie filling from when I made those cheesecakes on Father's Day, so guess what I made? Cherry turnovers.. requested by my dad. I know some people eat these things for breakfast, but they're more of a snack or dessert to me. So easy to make... are you ready?

Ingredients:
  •  1 (8 oz) package of refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 cup cherry pie filling (a small can)
  • 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
  • 1 tablespoon milk



    Unroll the dough and separate them into 8 triangles.  Now you're going to make 4 squares; take 2 triangles and press the seams together to make into a square.  Spoon about 1/4 cup of pie filling into about the middle of each square.  Fold to make triangles and pinch together to seal the edges - we don't want the filling to leak out!  Place them on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 375 F for about 10 - 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.  For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and milk together, then drizzle over the turnovers.  You can even add a little vanilla.. or cinnamon.. to make the glaze a little more exciting.  Easy, right?  I told you!  Serve them while they're still warm!  Makes 4 cherry turnovers.

    You can use whatever filling you wish, of course.  Blueberry, cherry, strawberry, sauteed apples, peach, chocolate... mmmm.  Endless possibilities!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I'd love to hear from you!