We'll be eating this again!
Ham & Potato Soup
adapted from WW Recipes
- 7 c. diced potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 1 c. diced onion (about 1 medium)
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 c. ham, diced
- 5. c. hot water
- 5 small chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- Garlic powder, salt, & pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
Add diced potatoes, onion, carrot, and ham to a crock pot. Dissolve chicken bullion in 5 cups hot water, then add to crock. Cook on low 7 hours, or high 3 hours. Then add milk and sour cream. Stir and cook an additional 15 minutes. Add seasonings to taste. Sprinkle a little cheese on top if you want.
If you'd like a thicker soup (which I did), just before adding milk and sour cream, slightly mash the potato mixture.
Makes approximately 12 1-cup servings.