But I think the key to this dip, is to eat it with lime Tostitos. Mmmhmmm. So if you give this little recipe a try, tell me what you think!
Southwestern Corn Dip
recipe from Tasty Kitchen
- 4 (15 oz) cans corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped chilies, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped jalapenos, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 whole red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 oz) bag finely grated Mexican cheese
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
Drain corn, chilies and jalapenos. Put in a large bowl with the beans and tilt the bowl on its side while you chop the other veggies. Add the rest of the veggies and drain the liquid that accumulated in the bowl. Stir in the sour cream and grated cheese. Add the cilantro last.
You can eat this with whatever type of chip suits your fancy, however.. I highly recommend eating it with the lime Tostitos.
Refrigerate before serving. Warning: Addictive!